About Right Touch Editing
Founded in 2005, Right Touch Editing offers businesses and self-publishing authors just what they need for editorial services: highly skilled editing, decades of publishing expertise, and top-notch professionalism.
Businesses hire us to edit their publications and content marketing materials, such as email newsletters, blog posts, white papers, marketing research and analysis, e-books, websites, and more.
We understand that your materials need to please many stakeholders, and we can follow your directions to the letter. We’ll even create a style sheet to record all those requirements and keep your copy consistent with the rest of your brand.
Right Touch Editing works to keep your accounting department happy too, offering a range of pricing options, including:
- By the hour
- By the project
- By the project piece (e.g., chapter, article, etc.)
- By monthly retainer
Recommendations from current business clients can be supplied upon request.
Self-publishing authors hire Right Touch Editing for different reasons. Owner Erin Brenner holds a master’s degree in literature and works with other editors who are equally knowledgeable about literature and book publishing. There’s only one content owner in this relationship, and that’s you. We’ll work with you to help you determine:
- What kind of editing your book needs. If your manuscript needs more structural work before the fine-tuning, we’ll tell you that.
- How to publish your book. Writing your book is just the first step of publishing and selling your book. There are many more decisions and processes to go through before someone actually buys your book. Should you do print or electronic? What kind of cover would attract readers? Is typography really important? (Hint: yes!) Hire us to edit your book, coach you on the business of self-publishing, or to take any other publishing task off your shoulders.
- How to market your book. Ideally your marketing should start while you’re still writing your book. If you haven’t started, though, don’t worry. We can help you develop a marketing plan and start executing that plan right away.
We offer similar flexible pricing structures to our self-publishing authors as we do to our corporate clients:
- By the hour: For editing, coaching, or any other service you need
- By the project piece: Pay by the service, as you go along
- By the project: Determine the scope of the project at the beginning and we’ll offer one great price
No matter which pricing structure you choose, Right Touch Editing can break up the cost into convenient installments.
All of Right Touch Editing’s contractors have been vetted, and Erin has trained many of the editors herself.
About the Owner
With a BA and an MA in English, Erin Brenner has been an editing professional for two decades. She works on a variety of media on all levels of editing, specializing in business publications, web copy, and self-published books.
Never one to sit still, in 2015 Erin formed Pilcrow Group with partner Laura Poole to purchase Copyediting, a brand Erin had been working with as a manager, writer, and editor for the previous five years. Copyediting seeks to create publications and training that supports copyeditors throughout their careers.
Erin continues to share her expertise in editing and freelancing by speaking at industry conferences, such as those for the American Copy Editors Society, Editors’ Association of Canada, and the Editorial Freelancers Association. She also teaches in the copyediting certificate program at the University of California San Diego.
When she’s not working, you’ll find Erin camping with her family, knitting, or just lying around, reading a good book.