Owner Erin Brenner is a skilled presenter and has given sessions at several editing conferences, including ACES, Editors’ Association of Canada, Editorial Freelancers Association, MagsBC, and SfEP.
She has also given private and public training, ranging from two-hour to full-day sessions, including Copyediting’s popular Freelance Accelerator and online courses for the University of California, San Diego.
Some of the many topics Erin speaks on:
- Copyediting 2.0. In this era of “publish it now or lose your audience,” copyeditors are asked to edit more in less time. Help your team step up to the challenge by refocusing their energies.
- Digital marketing for small teams. You have a small staff and less time and money. Learn strategies for using your team’s time and budget wisely to promote your offering.
- Persuasion Wins!: Creating Persuasive Websites for Your Small Business. In this session, attendees learn how to add persuasion to their websites to turn visitors into clients!
- Self-publishing for branding and promotion. How can publishing a book position you or your company as a leader? How do you manage such a project? More importantly, how do you get the book out there? Learn the ins and outs of self-publishing books for branding.
- Persuasive writing. Copywriter. Salesperson. Marketer. Tech writer. Engineer. All of these roles involve writing persuasively for a business audience. Learn proven strategies for making your copy more persuasive.
- Self-editing. You don’t always have the time or budget to hire an editor. In this session, attendees learn how to review their own writing with a critical eye.
- Freelancing 101. Session attendees learn best practices to help launch new businesses, including finding and keeping clients, marketing, getting referrals, and networking.
- 11 Ways to Expand Your Freelance Business. Session attendees learn 11 ways to sell more services to clients, broaden their client base, and protect their businesses from the feast-or-famine cycle.
- Editing the web. In this session, attendees learn important writing styles associated with web editing, practicing on several live examples.
- Editing marketing copy. In this session, attendees learn what makes marketing copy work and edit several examples during the session.
- Training editors. Session attendees learn what it means to teach other editors and how to get started.
- Social media marketing. In this session, attendees learn about the hub-and-spoke model of using the internet for promoting their businesses. Attendees receive worksheets to do after the session.