Right Touch Editing employs thoroughly trained and vetted editors to meet your publication’s needs. Our editing services include:
- Developmental editing. We work with our authors to develop a text or evaluate a manuscript for writing style, content, and organization. When your boss hands you a writing assignment and you’re not sure how to begin, this is the edit you need.
- Line (substantive) editing. We correct copy for organization, structure, transitions, redundancy, jargon, sexist language, awkward construction, excessive use of passive voice, wordiness, logic, tone, and more. Often this is done with copyediting.
- Copyediting. We correct copy for spelling, grammar, punctuation, style, usage, sentence structure, sentence length, and paragraph length. Our most popular service!
- Fact-checking. We will check accuracy of the facts in the copy. As an add-on service (usually to copyediting), we’ll check easily verifiable facts, such as names, URLs, and dates. As a standalone service, we’ll dig deeper into the facts of your manuscript, including concepts, quotes, physical descriptions, product claims, and more.
- Proofreading. This is the last review of copy before it’s published. We will correct copy for typos, spelling, grammar, punctuation, usage, and style.
Not sure what you need? Contact us, and we’ll help you decide what your manuscript needs and give you a price and time quote for getting it done.
In addition to editing, Right Touch Editing offers related publishing services, including:
- Writing Download Erin’s writing portfolio.
- Project management
- Book doctoring
- Social media management
Contact us today for all your publishing needs!
Training and Speaking
Owner Erin Brenner is a skilled presenter and has given sessions at several editing conferences, including ACES, Editors’ Association of Canada, Editorial Freelancers Association, MagsBC, and SfEP.
She has also given private and public training, ranging from two-hour to full-day sessions, including Copyediting’s popular Freelance Accelerator and online courses for the University of California, San Diego.
Some of the many topics Erin speaks:
- Copyediting 2.0. In this era of “publish it now or lose your audience,” copyeditors are asked to edit more in less time. Help your team step up to the challenge by refocusing their energies.
- Digital marketing for small teams. You have a small staff and less time and money. Learn strategies for using your team’s time and budget wisely to promote your offering.
- Persuasion Wins!: Creating Persuasive Websites for Your Small Business. In this session, attendees learn how to add persuasion to their websites to turn visitors into clients!
- Self-publishing for branding and promotion. How can publishing a book position you or your company as a leader? How do you manage such a project? More importantly, how do you get the book out there? Learn the ins and outs of self-publishing books for branding.
- Persuasive writing. Copywriter. Salesperson. Marketer. Tech writer. Engineer. All of these roles involve writing persuasively for a business audience. Learn proven strategies for making your copy more persuasive.
- Self-editing. You don’t always have the time or budget to hire an editor. In this session, attendees learn how to review their own writing with a critical eye.
- Freelancing 101. Session attendees learn best practices to help launch new businesses, including finding and keeping clients, marketing, getting referrals, and networking.
- 11 Ways to Expand Your Freelance Business. Session attendees learn 11 ways to sell more services to clients, broaden their client base, and protect their businesses from the feast-or-famine cycle.
- Editing the web. In this session, attendees learn important writing styles associated with web editing, practicing on several live examples.
- Editing marketing copy. In this session, attendees learn what makes marketing copy work and edit several examples during the session.
- Training editors. Session attendees learn what it means to teach other editors and how to get started.
- Social media marketing. In this session, attendees learn about the hub-and-spoke model of using the internet for promoting their businesses. Attendees receive worksheets to do after the session.
Erin is available to come to you or present shorter sessions live online. Contact us, and book Erin for your next event!